Residential post lamps are a charming and functional addition to the outside of any home. These fixtures not only light up paths and driveways, but they also make your home look better. Our team at Outdoors Well Lit can assist you with post lamp installation, as well as assess your need for repair. Continue reading to learn more about this type of lighting.
- Design and Style – Post lamps come in a wide range of styles and designs to match different types of architecture. You can find lamps that look like traditional lanterns, ones that are modern and sleek, and everything in between. If your light no longer works and can’t be repaired, we can offer options for replacement in a style that fits your needs.
- Materials –Most of the time, these lamps are made of strong materials like steel, metal, or cast iron. The choice of material affects how long the light will last and how well it will withstand the weather. Many lamps also have protective finishes to help make them last longer.
- Height – The height of the post lamp is essential for how it works and looks. Taller lamps can light up a larger area, while shorter ones can give off a warmer, more personal light. When we install a new post lamp, we will discuss this with you to ensure proper light where you want it.
- Light Source – Many kinds of light sources can be used in residential post lamps. These include incandescent bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, and LEDs. LED post lamps are becoming increasingly common because they use less energy and last longer.
- Lighting Features – Some post lamps have innovative lighting features, such as sensors that turn light on when it gets dark and off when it gets light outside. These features make life easier and use less energy. Post lamps might also include motion sensors.
Post lamps are a flexible and beautiful way to light up your home’s outdoor areas. If you’re curious about the condition of your lamp or want to know your options for installation, contact our team today.